This anniversary was very special for K7 Computing as it was not just another anniversary but K7’s Silver Jubilee. 25 years is an achievement not only for the team but for a Founder & CEO whose passion has carried the company this far. On achieving this remarkable milestone, Mr. Kesavardhanan Jayaraman, felt that we should be an inspiration and motivation for others. This thought gave way to ‘An Entrepreneur’s Odyssey’, an evening of celebrations and included a success story, two launches and the ‘K7 Medal of Honour’ – for those who have been through a Successful Digital Odyssey.
‘An Entrepreneur’s Odyssey’ was graced by Chief Guests including Dr. Rajendra Kumar (IAS), Principal Secretary, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan, Former VC of CTS and Dr. Kamakodi, MD and CEO, City Union Bank. Other dignitaries present were, Prerak Shah, CIO- Hexagon Nutrition, Senthil Nathan S – GM, Information System, CavinKare Pvt. Ltd., Ashok Harris – President, Global Delivery, Hexaware Technologies, Atul Mehta, CEO, Compuage Infocom and Bhavesh Mehta, COO, Compuage Infocom.
The evening began with a welcome address by Mr. Sudhir Kaul, Director, K7 Computing followed by a video capturing the 25 year odyssey of K7 Computing. The video rekindled emotions of many who were present, including the very first customer of K7 Computing in the early 1990s, Mr. Venkatrangan.
Mr. Kesavardhanan, Founder and CEO, spoke a few words encouraging people to be entrepreneurs and shared how it was his passion that kept this company afloat and successful. He shared that every success which the journey has had has been like a hockey stick growth and K7 is at the verge of the next super high. After an inspiring address, Mr. Kesavardhanan was felicitated by Mr. Atul Mehta, CEO, Compuage Infocom and Mr. Bhavesh Mehta, COO, Compuage Infocom. Compuage Infocom Ltd. Have been the India Sales partner of K7 Computing.
Mr. Kesavardhanan along with Dr. N Kamakodi, MD & CEO, City Union Bank then proceeded with the launch of K7’s ‘Cloud Endpoint Security’ product which was followed by the ‘K7 Medal of Honour’.
The nominees for the ‘K7 Medal of Honour’ were identified by ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu. A total of 29 awards were given to CIOs, GM-ITs and IT-Heads from a wide spectrum of industries. The awardees were from organizations including Hexaware Technologies, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise, Shankar Netralaya, IIT Madras, RR Donnelley, City union Bank, EID Parry, Ramco, TVS, Mohan Breweries, to name a few.
The evening had insightful addresses by Dr. Rajendra Kumar who shared the Government’s initiatives in supporting startups and entrepreneurs and Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan who emphasized that unlike the service industry, having a successful product company in India is still a lesser known path. Mr. Amar Prasad Reddy, Director General, National Cyber Security (NCS) highlighted that how challenging the local environment is, and how making this 25 years of success is an achievement beyond expectation.
The next highlight of the evening was the launch of K7’s newest venture, the ‘K7 Academy’. Mr. Samir Mody, VP Malware Research, K7 Computing elaborated on the primary objective of the Academy. The Academy was formally launched by Mr. Ashok Harris, President of Global Delivery, Hexaware Technologies Ltd. The K7 Academy is a passion project of Mr. Kesavardhanan and has being carved out meticulously.
The Academy launch was followed by an address by Mr. Sivakumar, CEO, ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu and he surprised Mr. Kesavardhanan by presenting him a memoir about his odyssey thus far. The first copy was released by Mr. Lakshmi Narayanan, Former VC, CTS.
Before concluding the evening with a vote of thanks, Ms. Sheba Grace, VP, Threat Control Lab, K7 Computing extended a special thanks to the two key partners in the 25 year Odyssey -Mr. Noriyuki Matsuda, CEO, SourceNext, Japan and Mr. Atul Mehta, CEO, Compuage Infocom Limited.
The grandeur came to an end.
- The Times of India – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- Business Standard – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- The Financial Express – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- India Today – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- Outlook – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- Money Control – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- Dataquest – K7 Computing Launches K7 Cloud Endpoint Security
- Express Computer CRN – K7 Computing Celebrates Completion of 25 Years
- Zee Business – K7 Computing eyes $50mn revenue, to expand to US and Europe
- Express News – K7 Computing Celebrates Completion of 25 Years
- VARIndia – K7 Computing completes 25 glorious years
- Channel Drive – K7 Computing Unveils K7 Academy, Celebrates Completion of 25 Years
- itVarnews – K7 Computing Celebrates Completion of 25 Years
- National Computrade News – K7 Computing Celebrates Completion of 25 Years
- IT News Today – K7 Computing Launches K7 Cloud Endpoint Security
- The Financial Express – Fighting Computer computer viruses for 25 years
- Mint – K7 computing completes 25 years
- Deccan Chronicle – Academy for cyber security
- DT Next – K7 computing turns 25
- Dina Bhoomi – K7 25 years
- Dina Vanigam – K7 25 years
- Tamil Anjal – K7 25 years